Re: Acoustic/Koto with Paper Clips and other tips for PREPARING LOOPABLE INSTRUMENTS

>  >  Get a piece of plastic flexible
>>  tubing and fit it airtight into a drum.  Then play the drum while
>>  blowing/sucking into the tube.  You can get a really cool realtime
>pitch
>>  shift by altering the pressure in the drum.  This seems to work best
>on my
>>  floor tom.  One of these days I'm going to try rigging up a
>footpedal/piston
>>  arrangement to control the pressure in the drum.  I have also heard
>Stanton
>>  playing with toilet brushes, which is a really cool effect that I
>haven't
>>  tried yet.
>
>Hmm, I just so happen to have moved a floor tom, a length of plastic pipe
>and a toilet brush, amongst other things from my storage locker yesterday.
>I guess I'm prepared to prepare!
>
>-trey

Way to go, fellow McGyvers!!!!  Now get me a piece of chewing gum, a
nine volt battery, and two carrots and i'll blow this place to
kingdom come...  :)

rich

nice idea on the tube into the drum...does it yield anything
resembling a talking drum?