A call to arms! (SF/East BAy area)

Hey SF area loopers, many moons ago, I used to play with what some might
call a "non traditional" musician.  He mainly did samples, some vocals,
cb radio, casio keyboards (his claim to fame was he never spent more
than $10 on a piece of gear [but he actually did])  Alas, what he lacked
in musical training, he more than made up for in creativity.  My part of
the duo, was to man guitars, bass and sequencers... all looped, of
course.  We called ourselves "Sleeping."

You're probably saying, "So Mark, what the hell are you getting at?"
Well, my friend (Jason Mombert, if you happen to run into him somewhere,
I think he's in Canada now) is far away.  Far far.  I went through some
very crazy times, moving out to San Francisco, but now things are
stable, and I'm playing very regularly in my home studio.

but something's missing.  It's just not as fun by yourself! (of course)
I've tricked myself a little by programming sequences on a Roland
MC-307, and then muting parts at random, not knowing what's on what
track, or when it will happen, but there's still no replacement for a
live human that's listening to what you're doing, and visa virsa.  Get
the pict?

So what am I looking for?  Well, I'm pretty gear laden, so traveling is
hard for me.  Someone willing to travel to Alameda, at least once a
week.  Maybe it can be a Sunday thing, and we can trade off doing the
traveling, every other week.

What do you play?  I could care less, creativity is much more important
to me.  A good sense of "music" is a must.  I listen to a lot of
everything, right now I'm in love with the Projeckt X album, but I like
a very wide range of music.  My place isn't that big, so if you're an
acoustic drummer, it may be a problem, I do have a Roland Octapad and I
do share my many toys.  Most of all, I'm open for suggestions.  One of
my favorite stunts used to be crashing local open mic nights with my
crazy guitar looping stuff.  Fun!  If you're a DJ, please be the kind
that really makes collages out of many sources.  Anyway, hopefully you
get the picture.

Oh and btw, must have CHOPS and the right hairstyle!

ROK ON!

;^)

Marklar