DAT damage (off-topic)

pardon my bandwidth, but perhaps some of you
have information technical that could help me.

i have a number of DAT tapes that were in a building
that experienced, as they say on the subway, a "smoke condition".

the bldg caught fire, and tho there was no flame action in our space
there was plenty of smoke damage.

these DAT tapes were all in their plastic boxes, the boxes
look pretty clean overall...

but are the  tapes to be considered a total write-off?

replies off-list if you think  it's too... not loop.

best

a:c

  - just what the world needs... <http://www.tensionheadache.org/>another
frikkin url -