Re: Solo bass looping

I do quite a few solo bass/looping gigs (and always looking for more!). A
half hour? I try to push it as far as I can.  The hardest thing is getting
people around their pre(mis)conceptions of the "role" of the bass. Once
they
hear and see what is possible, most are very open to it. Looping helps a
lot.....but sometimes the folks don't understand all of that either.  Then
you just gotta twist their ears, and minds with the kind of sonic beauty
that opens them up to new possibilities.
By the way...I was one of the performers at the Solo Bass Looping
Festival.
It was a great and wonderful experience. Bassists and Loopers of all kinds
owe a giant round of applause to Rick Walker for having the courage and
integrity to pull off these kinds of shows (he's done quite a few
"loopfests"). So hey Loopers, let's gather up the the looping community
and
take it to the masses! Try to organize a looping event in yer own neck of
the woods....I'm sure you'll find plenty of company here at LD. Hell....if
it's not too far, I'll travel to do one....or for that matter SEE one!
seriously....let's all try to take Rick's lead. We have a wonderful
community of expressive and creative folks here at LD....pool our
resources,
and bring this wonderful and expressive form to the public. Bassists,
guitarists, keyboardists (synthists?) percussive bangers...voices...duos,
solos, trios...all of it!
Max Valentino