Re: cheating

I'm very interested in this distinction: *When is it fraud?* I did a
concert
once [I sang and played diatonic harp] where the playback contained some
harp. It was too late to change anything- the guy hiring us didn't care-
and
it was good money. One of my fears was: *What if the audience thinks ALL
the
harp is on tape*? And if the poor sods  don't notice or care, why not lay
down 5 tracks of interesting harp at home, and just concentrate on
singing?
[and what makes having a little keyboard on tape better than lip-sync...
etc, etc, etc]

To tell the truth, I have never taken the time to think this all the way
through- - -never came to a conclusion. But it's what got me thinking
about
the Echoplex and looping in general [That, and that Cello player]; It
allows
you to bypass those ethical/vanity considerations- as you are playing- in
concert, if you will- with the playback.

Of course, *DJ's* take this to an extreme; taking credit for stuff they
couldn't conceptualize in a 1000 years. But then, few people consider that
the entire techno/DJ thing is just disco married to Political Correctness
[Wannabe Gangbangers singing to China Grove- - - and nobody blows the
whisthle- - -sigh]--Sigh.

Did someone check my spelling?