RE: Cheating (was: Turn All That S**t Off)

> i concur w/ the latter not the former-looping for me will always be real
> time music made in real time(!) w/ all the missteps,
> misgivings,miscues,mistakes,the beauty,the power and the glory(not
> neccessarily in that order :-)...stanner

Amen! For the first few months I used the Echoplex live, there were all
sorts of weird things happening as I was learning to use it. I have
minimized those things, but I like the 'right on the edge' feeling I get
not
knowing if something I am going to try will turn out. I have performed with
people who use pre-recorded loops, and in my experience, the audience does
not react the same as if it was all done right there in front of them.
Usually audiences are pretty quick to catch on, and people will come up
later and ask me if they aren't sure what is going on. I generally make my
loops pretty indistinguishable from my live playing, so sometimes I don't
even realize if a sound I make was live or looped.

Dave Eichenberger- guitars.loops.devices
http://www.hazardfactor.com