Re: OT - Ken Burn's Jazz was RE: good intentions

Christ! This sounds like a class I just completed: "Understanding Jazz".
Although it WAS an accelerated course (8 weeks), the instructor spend the
first seven weeks on New Orleans jazz, a little Chicago jazz and some
be-bop.
The last class covered jazz from 1959 to the present. And even then,
instead
of Miles, the instructor spent most of the time on Fusion. We DID have
some
amusing conversations about Kenny G, however.

Regards, Paul