RE: Using Repeater (was RE: Repeater NAMM Demo)

M. Steven Ginn (01:18 PM 01/30/01) wrote:

 >So I could midi map a Tap to a CC mapped floor switch to tap in the
 >tempo with my foot?  I wonder if it works similar to the tap button on a
 >Lexicon MPX1, where the tempo is determined by the time difference
 >between the two taps.  On the Lexicon tap, it will also take an average
 >of all the taps if you continue to press on the button.

If I remember right, Repeater can handle tempo changes through MIDI a
couple of ways...

- There's MIDI clock, which it will slave to.

- There's a CC that will let you VARY the tempo in real time (like via a
MIDI pedal-board).

- There's a CC that it will listen for to get TAP intervals.

- There's a CC where you can blindly _set_ the tempo. I THINK that this is
different than the variable CC. It may be the same.

And... Repeater can use TAP as a hint to the beat finder algorithm to help
zero in on just what it should be focusing on.

And... Repeater _will_ average out your taps. The longer you tap, the more
information Repeater has to work with.

Damon will need to clarify and correct.

The bottom line is that you can set tempo a number of different ways.

Mark