Re: OT: powerbooks and vacation tunes...

Just read about the EgoSys USB audio interface, looks to be good, got a
good
review when used with sound manager, ASIO playback was shaky but that seems
to be common with usb (sound manager playback was fine) don't recall the
model name but it is a 2x20 bit analog, coax and optical S/PDIF and rrp was
around $250

The sound in is for the apple mic so is a weird impedance so may be noisy
if
you use line in. The outputs are fine if hooked up to full sized monitors.

Martin Shellard