good intentions

Rest assured fellow listers, I am trying to let this go before anyone
feels
irritated or patronized.

Let me re-cap;

In reaction to the suggestion that *the world is not Black & White;
rather,
it is Grays, Blacks and Whites*: I pointed out that the world IS made up
of
Black and white; and gray is one of the results. To illustrate this I said
something to the effect of, Gray, in itself, doesn’t exist. Someone made
the
excellent [if slightly sarcastic] analogy- - - *Aha, so Water [hydrogen
and
oxygen] doesn’t exist? Only hydrogen and oxygen*.

Water would not exist were it not for either hydrogen or oxygen. Oxygen is
not dependent on either one for it’s existence. Nor is hydrogen.
==
Spin-off [intention]point:

I have three old churches near me, and about once a month, they will ring
their bells at the same time- quite by accident [a funeral, a wedding, an
odd holiday]. When this cacophony goes off, it is unbelievably disturbing.
All I heard, when I first moved here, was noise. But after a while, I
began
to hear the beginning of *Help Me Rhonda* [dead a la dent, da dent ta dent
tah…]. At first it was faint. Now it is as if they are doing it on
purpose.
But, more important, I can’t imagine NOT hearing it now.

I used to point it our to friends and family, and they would cock an
eyebrow
or smile. But after months of being patronized- and being somewhat haunted
by it- I have now forced a couple people to really listen- - - and it’s
always great fun to see them beam when they hear it [like those 3-D
pictures
of flower gardens- that turn into naked women]. They always compliment me
on
having heard it- and wonder how they could have missed it. Good for me.

But did I compose this song? I think not. The notes were there, and you
can
hear *Help Me Rhonda* if you want- - - but *creation* would involve me
choosing some of the timing or gongs. There would have had to have been
SOME
*intention*. This is Not a definition of what a *music* is- it’s a
definition of what *creating music* is. Like the Gray/Black/White thing;
it
would be easy to think that I am saying that *Help Me Rhonda* doesn’t
exist.
No.

But maybe it does mean *Funky Cold Medina* doesn’t exist.

Also, all this says nothing about a humpbacks intentions. Their songs
undoubtedly exist.