Re: animal intentions and random 'looping' in nature

"spaceloop" <tao@ns.ahoc.net> put forth:
> > It's great to read about others who take time out to listen to the
rhythms
> > of nature and draw inspiration from them . This is where most of my
ideas
> > come from, just things like this I notice in daily life. Hats off to
>all
the
> > other "deep listeners" out there:
>
> Or the rhythms that come out of the motor noise from the guy next door
> that *has* to mow is lawn at 7:00AM on a saturday morning ;-)

Yeah, there are rules of coexistence most folks tend to ignore if we let
them, eh?  The flats we live in here (London) have a rule that hammering
and
other loud construction can't be done except between 9am-1pm.  We had to
remind our nextdoor neighbors of this yesterday, as they had workmen
banging
away still at 4.  On the other hand, the building next to ours has had
heavy
reconstruction going on for over a month, 8am sharp, bang! bang! bang!,
yelling, occasional operatic outbursts by some worker, loud power tools,
sledgehammering, drilling... It really gets to one after a while -
especially my wife, you know?  Thankfully she knows that it'd be useless to
send me over to contend with it.  Also thankfully the most I've ever gotten
to a complaint since 1984, when I moved out to LA, was "What the hell IS
that playing?" :)

I look back on my days in the East Coast, when my family had a LAWN, you
know?  1-1/2 acres of lawn with enough nooks and crannies to negate the use
of a rider mower, and, so, every week for oh, 3 hours or so, my life was
filled with the ongoing drone of the mower.  I came to think of it as a
meditative process, this sculpting of the grass (you should mow it
differently each time, you know?) combined with that single-tone drone.  I
kind of miss it in retrospect, and wonder sometimes that it might have been
an introduction, with a set of parents who loved Montovani (sp), Ray
Conniff, and hated the Beatles with a passion, to ambient drone music, even
at age 11.

Stephen Goodman
http://www.earthlight.net/Studios * The free Loop of the Week!
http://www.mp3.com/StephenGoodman * New MP3 Releases!