Re: conceptions of time

> Subject: Re: conceptions of time
> Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 22:42:10 -0600 (CST)
> From: spaceloop <tao@ns.ahoc.net>
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
>
> On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Rick Walker (Loop.pooL) wrote:
>
> > It would be cool to start a little thread on how we concieve of time
>in our
> > looping efforts.

As someone brand new to looping, I find it fascinating what's happening to
my timing without
the presence of the metronome that I use when I'm doing midi recording.
My playing seems to
getting much more freeform.  Twice within the last week I recorded loops
that after-the-fact
I discovered were in 7/4 time.  I'm usually a very 3/4, 4/4 type (once in
a great while, 5/4
or even 11/8 <g>).  It's very cool to find that looping hardware is
leading me down new
musical paths  :)

Elby