good intentions

>>They know that banging someone with a
>>  pipe doesn't become music until you add good intention.

Crossover [among others] asks,
>What constitutes "good" intention?

Okay.

The thread began with the assertion that all is perception [what they
meant-btw- was *all is perspective*- which is *true*]. It was hinted that
there is no *good* nor *bad*, but thinking makes it so.

I wanted to play on how *perception* actually works. We *hear* what we
*attend* to--- well, actually, we hear all kinds of things, but that which
we *intentionally* hear is different [we all have opinions and ideas about
this, whether biological, philosophical or spiritual]. Someone had said
that
music was *just vibrations of atoms*. I wanted to suggest that that is
about
as close as saying, *an airplane crash is just material, reshaping*. Not
if
your wife was on there. And from who's perspective is it *just* re-shaping
material???

So... My point [ahem. need coffee]: If, while beating someone with a pipe,
there happen to be noises [vibrations]- - - that doesn't make it music. If
you [or a bystander] notice that the thuds and pops have a rhythmic
quality-
- - that still isn't music. But if you begin to modify your approach, in
order to enhance the musical qualities: then, it's music. Your *intention*
had to change [your perception and perspective can stay the same].
Further,
you had to have a *constructive* [a wish to build, etc] intention.

[I regret the metaphor. It's one of those, best not elaborated on]

One can not make music by *accident* [unintentionally]. You can program a
computer [intention]. You can throw bricks at pianos. But no one ever made
music by accident. Not once. At some point the intention was there. Not
only
must you have the *intention* to make music, but it must be
constructive/benevolent[with the aim to communicate with as little static
as
possible]/harmonic [by any definition]/cooperative [of the
elements/creator/listener]: in other words: *Good* *Intended*...[as
opposed
to chaos/noise/pain/damage/rendering auseinander].

Of course this brings into question what makes apperception different from
perception--- what makes attention different from intention, etc.

Even I am [almost] smart enough to know that this isn't the place to
speculate further...