Re: Any More Info on New BOSS Looping pedal

Synch is very important when you're playing with an electronic device
(drum machine, sequencer) that can't automatically modulate tempo.  Tap
tempo just doesn't cut it.  It may seem to work at first, but the
smallest difference will compound over time in a looping situation and
become very noticeable.  DJ's can deal with this drift by speeding up or
slowing down the record or cd.  Live musician's can do this by adjusting
their own tempo.

There is a computer/hardware device (Help?  I can't remember the
name...Conductor maybe?) that can adjust sequenced backing tracks by
listing to a soloist and making tempo changes.  I played with it a few
times when I worked in a music store, and it seemed to work pretty
well.  Until technology gets to a point where computers can make changes
to tempo based on a live performance, we're still stuck with using a
midi clock to get loopers to synch with other electronic music devices.

Mark Sottilaro