Re: Repeater spotted!

>Power supply? bullshit...The demo guy said "We totally
>underestimated the complexity of this machine".

hmm... we did not really beleave the supply story, did we?

>Only one loop was active, and only two tracks of that one loop were
>available.

uau! So please dont make another war if the soft is not ready in march!
I had a loop going in the loop delay after a month, and after a year
it was as bug free as you heard about :-) ... well, I had no
experience either...

>Yay! two loops going simultaneously.  hit the pitch button, engage
>track one and alter the pitch of track one up an octave.  Pitch is
>shown on the front panel in semitones.

awsome... I wait for one of those...

>The time stretching is quite dramatic.  I originally recorded at 120
>bpm, and you can go down to like, 4 bpm, which introduced possibly
>interesting artifacts, especially if post-processed.  think fat boy
>slim, here...

I especially wonder whether a slight stretching introduces no artefacts?
;-)

>One of the more interesting things i saw in the demo they did was
>that the pitch shifting can be preprogrammed, so when you lay that
>guitar riff in, what comes out on the first playback of the loop IS
>PITCHSHIFTED.  cool.  you don't have to wait for playback and then
>adjust pitch.

AMS did that in the early eighties, but it costed twenty times more!

>so if anyone has very specific questions of something i can try out
>for ya, let me know.

yes, please, connect to a clock source and change the speed a bit to
see whether the loop realy follows exactly without artefacts, that
would be my favourite feature!
I am somewhat tired of the constant speed loops, the "beat prison".
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org