Re: crystal balls, software development, product reps & repeater

>in any case, it is kind of absurd to expect Damon, or any product rep, to
>divulge the internal guestimates of when a product will ship.

true enough...but Kim has also called Damon and other company reps
out on the carpet in the past, since they are sortof 'using' the list
to advertise their product, and get some scoop on desired features
and such.

if that's the case, i just think we deserved a better answer than,
"hey guys, we're just waiting on a swanky new power supply".  if it
was going to be delayed by whatever amount of time...Damon would have
garnered a bit more respect by just saying so.  he could have even
used the over-realistic formula (ya know that one?  take your
original estimate and double it?) and we would still be going "right
on! make a bitchen machine!"

and hell, i'm not even on the group buy and not planning on buying
one well into next year probably...

so, rich, then shut up....:)

rich