Re: NPR

actually maplethorpes technique was great, the homoerotic themes are a
bit much in some of his work and for some of us not too much fun, but
then again put in the context of time I think most folks understand its
about a culture looking to emerge from a closet.

did you ever see anything other than the extreme stuff that got passed
around because it was so incendiary, or are you trashing someone w/o
giving them a fair look?

so then because we don't care for one artist(or one aspect of thier
work) supported by the NEA we throw it out?

there seems to be so many people in the US right now putting on
reationary blinders, damn scary it is