Echoplex vs. Electrix Repeater

First, I apologize if this will start a repetitive thread, but I am new to the digest and could really use some help.

I am a closet guitarist in the hunt for a looping device.  My roommate has a jamman, and the rat has decided to move, leaving me with an unquenchable thirst for the Lexicon treasure.  After repeated attempts to score the prize on I-bay, I have thrown up my arms in disgust.  I passed on several offers months ago as I thought the prices were outrageous.  Boy, did I miss the boat again!  The prices are out of control.

This has forced me to really look at the market in search of a product with the simplicity and ease of the Jamman.  I am vaguely familiar with the Echoplex, as I have been on the Loopers Delight site a lot in the past few years.  I have heard that it has incredible options, but can be difficult to navigate around its features.  Can it be stripped down and used as simply as the Jamman?  I would love to have the Jamman with the undo and multiply feature.  Can you set the preferences to operate with just these functions?  I read the FAQ list and it looks amazing, but I am a little intimidated.

Has anyone sneaked a peak at the Electrix Repeater?  It looks like it has some incredible features.  But again, will it operate in "simpleton mode."

Unfortunately, I live in the boonies at 9,000 ft, and the nearest shop is a great place to buy sheet music and lease a french horn, but will never put either device on the sales floor.  I appreciate your efforts to make this info readily available and would love your insight.  Thanks everyone!

Gregg