Re: Responding to "gig spam"

>I forgot to add another point:
>
>Depending on the harshness of your public comments towards a fellow
>lister's work, the career being hurt could be your own.
>
>Paolo

Jeepers, i do have to get some actual work done today...but i'm not
sure if i understand the above statement.  How would nasty comments
by Gary hurt Gary's career?

BTW, i wasn't advocating being nasty or derogative to anyone on the
list.  I think what i was trying to say was if you are willing to don
the label of being 'experimental' and 'avante garde', i feel that you
really can't be too sensitive to the reaction.  If you've got the
balls to advertise yourself as something outside the circle (however
tame and milquetoast the circle may be), you really can't complain if
those folks in the circle either throw a few stones at you, or close
the door behind ya.

Yes, the original post was nasty, and Gary could have been more
constructive, even if he didn't like it.  I don't condone his
method...I'm just not going to say "oh, poor Stuart".

Stuart seemed to indicate the same attitude in his responses.  He was
confident enough in what he did that Gary's interpretations were his
own.

gots to go ta work, seeya!

rich