RE: Responding to "gig spam"

If they put out a comic book (which is the type of art they do) and it was
panned, I guess it would depend on the manner of the "panning".  If it was
bad review in a print publication or other non-interactive medium such as
review website, I'm pretty sure they would deal with that.

Bad criticism, in and of itself, is not really the issue that concerns me
here.  The issue is the manner in which it is delivered.  One thing that
has
been touched on is the fact that criticizing another artist is a
double-edged sword - it could damage you as much as it damages your
"target".  If the best you can come up with is "it sucks/you suck" without
some explanation, what does that say about you?  If you go overboard in
your
choice of vocabulary, what does that say about you?

I really don't know what I would do, Dave, if your music actually sucked.
Would I tell it to your face?  Would I broadcast it here on Loopers
Delight
for all to see?  I'm inclined to think I'd rather say it in person, in
private, rather than on the list because I have too much respect for you.
Perhaps you'd want me to deal with it in a different way, but then that
wouldn't be my style.  Damn, Dave, how about put out some crap for a
change,
so we can test this theory? :)

Paolo