Re: so cal gig spam--Review of Performance

Saybolt wrote:

> So it appears that Steuart Lied big, Stephen was the Good man in being
> supportive, and Gary thought the show to be Lehm, man.   Fascinating.

This is the greatest sentence (well, two sentences) I've seen on this
list in ages.  Good grief, Charlie Brown.

Just to add in my quick comments regarding Gary's review of Steuart's
gig: I wasn't there, but I have heard Steuart play in the past, in both
"free" mode and more conventional situations (if you can call backing up
David Fiuczykski's fretless guitar "conventional") and I was very
impressed on each occasion.  I'm not a huge disciple of the
free-jazz/avante-garde/noise/whatever movement.  But I'm definitely no
stranger to it either, and Steuart and his local colleagues have always
struck me as eminently musical and listenable in their approach.

I certainly won't say that Gary's wrong for not having personally
enjoyed the gig, but I am curious as to the extent that he tends towards
that side of the musical spectrum.  What do you say, Gary?

Finally (and I mention this merely as an afterthought), I have to wonder
how much of the art Gary saw at the Getty that afternoon went
unappreciated or misunderstood in the era in which it was made...

Anyway.

Andre LaFosse | Disruption Theory | http://www.altruistmusic.com
"Andre LaFosse is an astonishing guitarist of a very different ilk.
Fripp and Zappa, step aside."
(MOJO magazine, May 2000)

"For electric guitar enthusiasts everywhere, this one's essential."
(Alternative Press magazine, September 2000)

"Here is one that deserves the title 'unique'."
(Expose' Magazine, October 2000)

"Disruption Theory is one of the best guitar albums I've ever heard."
(Outburn magazine #12)