Newly enrolled looper bids greetings to all;

Greetings to all on Loopers' Delight, a truly amazing group site. I have
been
enjoying the phenomenal variety of useful looping and equipment insights
here
for some time, eagerly awaiting the day I too could own a EDP.
I have been sort of looping for years with an old Roland 301 chorus/echo,
which just finally bit the dust after 20-some years of use- not bad for an
analog relic! Does anyone know where I can get this dear old friend
repaired?
Best would be as close to Ithaca, NY as possible for shipping costs. The
symptom is very sluggish motor speed, almost zip oomph.

I'm also on the lookout for a roland 555, the rackmount balanced-in
version
chorus/echo.

Now that I am recently looper-less, I took the leap and just received
shipment on an Oberheim Digital Echoplex three days ago- I bought it on
Digibid for $380 with a beige color coordinated footpedal with 7 red
buttons,
4 megs memory and the latest software update. So far it seems to work
o.k.,
but the low price has me a bit nervous still.

Then I read Kim's post of Gibson shipping improved units to the states
soon.
How do these new units compare to the older machines? Has anyone tried one
yet?
Thanks for the great site!
Omadawn