Re: Women who loop

At 11:29 AM 12/9/00 -0800, you wrote:
>I know not many of these women loop solo live (well, Pauline does
>occasionally, I think)

>From what I've heard about her innovation with what Ms. Oliveros calls
"extended accordian", it's more than "occasional" and more like "integral".
Her own definition of her instrument (which was actually featured on Peter
Schickele's show on National Public Radio a few months ago) includes
several delay lines for live sampling and layering. Sounds loopish to me!
:-)

Tim