Re: what are ORVILLE and DYNAMO?

Hi Rick... The Orville is an Eventide product... their newest, incredibly
powerful flagship dsp. We have several Orville evangelists on this list.
If you want powerful HARDWARE, you probably can't get much better,
although I'm sure there are proponents of other boxes who might want to
chime in here. Remember... this is a looping list! 8-)

Dynamo is a software package from the German company Native Instruments. I
believe that Dynamo is a smaller version of Reaktor, (please correct me if
I'm wrong gang!) which seems to be their main package. They also have a
few virtual instruments such as their B4 (Hammond Tone Wheel Organ
simulation) and a few others.

Native Instruments Reaktor is a collection of "instruments", many of which
are similar (some more so than others) to existing popular synths... There
are also many beat generating instruments as well. They say you can design
effects in there as well, and it sounds like it came up on this list
because someone has been able to design functional loopers in it.

I don't own any of the NI stuff yet, but believe me... after all I've
heard, Reaktor is second on my list (right after the necessary sequencing
/ audio package... probably Cubase VST). I can't wait to finally have a
DAW setup...

Best,
-Miko

>>> GLOBAL@cruzio.com 11/29/00 01:23AM >>>
Pardon my naivite, but what exactly are ORVILLE and DYNAMO?  Where can I
find out about them?    yours,    Rick Walker  (Loop.pooL)