Re: Repeater price {OT}

I think Steve got it right! As Matthias points out Repeater's price is
surprisingly LOW, just reading all the promises in its manual.
Loopers in USA, in Europe we payed the same money for a Jamman, WITHOUT
memory expansion, 5 or 6 years ago ! ! !  So I can't really consider that
price high. All the worst experiences I've had in 15 years of equipment
buying come from cheap marketing choices: When Lexicon LXP5 came out in
1989, I got one of the very first 5 in Hollywood Guitar Center, being in
Los
Angeles to attend GIT. Well...the first stock missed all factory presets!
!
! They had to retire the LXPs and put some stuff back into...those boxes
were made in the far East. My first AND last MPXG2 was terribly
F.....Up...the second worked...again made in the same area. Problems in
the
Soldano SP77 preamps made over there.
When a factory tries to squeeze prices TOO MUCH, chances are buyers are
going to get big crap, bad labour, software bugs, poor hardware breaking
up
very soon and tons of other unexpected surprises.
Sometimes 30 or 50 bucks can make a huge difference in terms of
reliability
and quality, so let's just see how the "new thing" worx and...if the
promise
has been kept...well, you tell how the story will end... best Italoooop