OT MIDI Guitar/Controllers

I've experimented with midi guitars for a few years now, and never really
been
happy.  OK, OK, I'll admit my midi guitars were the Real Casio, the
cheeseball
plastic Casio and the Ibanez IMG.

I've heard the Ztar name being thrown around every now and again.  On
paper, the
idea seems great.  Is it worth it, or has hex pickup-midi technology
gotten good
enough in the last decade to think about installing one on my Steinberger?
 If
so, which is the "best".  I really wouldn't mind a total departure from
guitar
sounds, if the tracking was great and the response to subtle technique was
good.

Mark