Re: OT: Klein wood, chambers

ms,
>I was also tempted by the Transtrem but a few comments made to me by
>members
>of this list and elsewhere has put me off it for now. The general
>consensus
>is that it loses some tone and sustain
true, but certainly the sound/tone/sustain-qualities of an el. gtr. are
interdependently entwined w/*lotsa* otre elements: yer hands, yer
feel/sweat/electric output, pickups, pre-amp, amp, spkr, signal chain, etc:
the # of interactive factors becoming (naturally) decreased when ya play
on
yer couch, un-plugged.....

>and it's a lot of setup/maintainence work.
nah; *i* don't think so, anyway..... s'no big deal.

>All the machinery and rollers put me in mind of a Kahler system which
>not only robbed tone big time but also screwed up the string tension so
>I'm going to pass for now.
i don't think that the TT is as inefficient as the Kahler sys.; plus, what
ya
git back from the TT is very cool.....

>dt, of course coud not be parted from his TT
well, xcept when i play a: a) mustang, b) es350T, c) veillette
baritone/tokai
strat, d) glissentar, etc.....

>and I have to say his tone is great.
why, thankee, sir!
best,
dt

2 new CD's in stores & online (artist-shop, amazon, tower, cdnow, bn, etc)
1) SPLaTTeRCeLL:::OAH (full-length CD)
2) SPLaTTeRCeLL:::ReMiKSiS:::AH (CD / vinyl);
(65 minute EP--- w/remixes by Charlie Clouser (NiN), Ryuichi Sakamoto, Dan
the Automator, Carter Burwell, Tim Bowness(NoMan)/SPLaTTeRCeLL, Yoshihiro
Hanno, Fernando Aponte, & Gareth Williams..... & 1 add'l SPLaTTeRCeLL
track)

On CeLLDiviSioN/75Ark: http://www.75ark.com

SPLaTTeRCeLL: http://www.gaalore.com/davidtorn.nsf/Pages/soah
Solid States: http://www.gaalore.com/davidtorn.nsf