OT: Klein wood, chambers

This is a late addition to the Klein thread back in September, which i read
in the archive.
Mine is due to be built any time now--or so I hope--and while I didn't have
any trouble choosing pickups (Bardens) or the TransTrem, i'm still, or yet
again,
wondering about my choice of body wood.  Klein steered me toward solid
basswood, but.....chambered swamp ash beckons--maybe it's only the visual
lure?
To make an informed choice, you'd really have to live with both for a
while,
which is of course impossible.
So:
Any comments (on- or off-list) on differences between the two from those in
the know?  recommendations welcome, too.
Thanks in advance--