Echoplex Operating Questions

After spending 3 weeks of reading the manual and working with my newly
acquired Gibson Echoplex I have some specific questions. Before I list
them
let me say that I have a background in playing music and not in
electronics.
Any responses with that in mind would be greatly appreciated. So, here
goes:
1) How do I go about using it as a delay. And how do I set the delay time?
2) How do I change the midi channel that the unit sends and responds to?
3) What is quantize and how is it turned on and off?
4) Why was this device made with only one input/output? Wanting to use
this
device in a stereo guitar rig requires using two units. I find this
surprising given the fact that just about all other high quality equipment
has two inputs/outputs. Including the Lexicon Jam Man.
5) Does anybody have an Musician's translation of this manual instead of
the
one that it seems only an electrical engineer can figure out?

I have used the Lexicon Jam Man for years now, and while I know the
Echoplex
is a much more sophisticated unit, it seems that a more "Musician
Friendly"
manual would have been nice. I've read, tapped, and read some more. Yet it
seems that the only functions I've mastered is: Recording, overdubbing,
Muting, Reverse, and of course Stop.
Thanks in advance for any help with the above questions.
Joe