Re: software based Loopers

Our friend dt / SPLaTTeRFRieK said:

>some advisory words:
>try before ye buy.
>no single DAW is all things to all peoples, therefore buying on
>'recommendation', alone, can be pretty sketchy.
>fwiw: i use LogicAudioPlatinum (onna mac), daily, though i do own DP.
>(i also use NI Reaktor, BiAS Peak, MetaSynth, HyperPrism, Pluggo,
>GrainWave,
>etc).
>on the W-NT platform, i regularly use ACiD-Pro/SoundForge.
>i ain't found a 'software'-looper, yet, that satisfies my  (?demanding?)
>UI
>issues as much as my EDP/PCM42/processor combo does.....
>best,
>dt / SPLaTTeRFRieK

I was just wondering, didn't you use Pro Tools in the past?  Why the
switch
to Logic?  Considering all of the software you use and the hardware
looping
devices that you still prefer to use, what are the software loopers
missing
that still makes hardware preferable?  Not enough support of external
controllers?

Thanks,

Nick aka spacemodule

p.s. dt - OAH and Remiksis have been in heavy rotation on my machine for
the
past 2 weeks.  Having a hard time deciding which I like better, also been
listening to that Amon Tobin alot.  Have to look up the Ryuichi Sakamato.