Re: software based Loopers

I use Digital Performer every day. I've used Cubase Pro Tools and Logic and
DP is the one I like best.
It's the most user-friendly (without being dumbed down) and it's midi
features are stellar, powerful but elegant to use.
It has as many markers as you want, just drag one from the edge of the
window and drop where you want. You can use the marker window to navigate
around or a pull down menu. Yes you can nudge in DP, just hit the
left/right
arrows, you can choose any nudge value you want from a bar to a millisecond
(or sample) even for midi.
I can't recommend DP highly enough but I have to say that if you did want
get into audio a 7100/66 isn't going to take you very far. With that in
mind
if you just want mainly midi you can buy Performer v5.x (not digital
performer) which has great midi and some audio capability.
POLAR is audio only but you can record midi in loop mode.
MOTU's manuals are great, clear and well written.

Martin Shellard