Re: animal loops (was singing bowls)

>my wife and i got
>married in joshua tree. our wedding took place outdoors, in a natural
>ampitheatre created by millions of years of geologic upheaval

I might consider getting married again... :-)

>some very large and heavy swiss cowbells- another great sound source
>for anyone interested

oh yes, beeing swiss, I know this kind of ambient looping well. Its
pretty calming, once there are enough cows and they are not too close
to where you sleep.

There are two kinds:
The metal sheet ones dont sound really good, but are lighter, rather
ergonomic for the cow. In the distant mix of a flock of cows they
sound ok, but I would not recomend them for musicians.
The molded ones are brilliant looking and sounding, but VERY loud
(the only reason I dont have one).

Consider the goat bells, too. Small but not fundamental.

Snail bells must be handy, but I never saw one. :-)

Here in Brasil we have some absolutely amazing frog loops going!

>and convinced a few friends to clamber several hundred feet up into the
>boulder-masses, with the intent of creating an ambient sonic backdrop for
>the ceremony. the singing bowls were extremely audible (although the
>cowbells had them beat for sheer volume), and it seemed clear that, over
>the distance of several hundred feet, we were hearing some very low
>fundamentals. this, of course, proves nothing

did the priest say some fundamental things with a strong fundamental
in his voice? :-)

Probably all this talk of mine is just an excuse for not programming
LOOP4...
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org