Hello Folks!

Well, I've got the PC setup working here in London UK now, after a
harrowing
month involving:

* Getting married (Aug 26!)
* Closing up shop in Alhambra, CA
* Honeymooning in Maui
* Continuing to close up shop in Alhambra
* Moving nearly everything to London (with little help from Virgin Cargo
LAX - ugh!)
* Finding step-down transformers for all the equipment
* Blowing up my 12v input scanner with the 20v power supply for my tape
drive (I could've done this in the US and saved a lot of shipping)

...and in the last month, I've learned NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! use Namesecure
as your mail forwarding.  Because of ineptitude if not outright bot-based
sabotage on their part, my domain record was screwed to the max for over a
month... which (for those who don't know) sent my email to NOWHERE and
eliminated my web pages from view (and therefore my presence on Das
Infobahn) from late August until NOW.  I had to threaten legal action
through a solicitor before they'd stop modifying my domain listing on top
of
my own changes, despite their not being permitted to do so.  All of this
started when I asked to terminate the "service" in late August!

So to all of you who attempted to email me, and thought me to have become a
non-person (a quest on the part of a certain organization calling itself a
"church" despite its actual cult status), my humble apologies for the
misinformation you may have received.  My domain (earthlight.net) is now in
full running, and will be featuring Windows Media files soon, instead of
Real - so none of my new listeners won't have to worry about
serreptitiously
being signed up for AOL services, amongst other evils... and, in the
future,
streaming video.

Presently married life is settling down now that the boxes aren't
cluttering
the flat as much as they DID (boy was that a stress source!) and soon I'll
be producing new music here.  All that remains is to replace the
transformer
on my Mackie 1202VLZ (which can't be opened apparently without some kind of
socketed hex tool) and I'll be able to go with it.  All this without
causing
the London Fire of 2000!  Whew!

Well, I'm looking forward to seeing your posts once again, and hearing from
you otherwise.  Cheers!

Stephen Goodman
spgoodman@earthlight.net
http://www.earthlight.net/Studios * The free Loop of the Week!