re: massive arrays of loopers

I'm currently assembling a system in an SKB PS-100 case (pedalboard plus
3-space rack).  The pedalboard has three DFX94's (tweaked for 5-6 second
delay time -- at the expense of a little aliasing at the higher times --
and runaway regeneration at the max regen setting) arranged in three
separate loops, each loop having an additional delay or other processor for
mangling the sound (right now I have a PDS 20/20 and a Boss PS-3 in two of
the loops, and am auditioning a Pefftronics SB-101 Rand-O-Matic, a
Danelectro Tuna Melt Tremelo, and a DOD FX13 Gonkulator Modulator -- with
modifications for changing the oscillator frequency -- in the third loop).
I may substitute a PDS8000 for one of the DFX94's.  Each loop will run
through a custom 4x4 mixer (under construction) which will combine the
input and the contents of the various loops in assorted nasty ways.

The rack currently contains a DeltaLab ADM4096 Echotron, an RDS 7.6 and an
RDS8000, with cabling running to a box (also under construction) which
makes the back audio and control connections accessible from the front.  I
just acquired a Vortex from Music-Go-Round, so that may replace the RDS8000
(I think I'm going to want the greater control flexibility of the 7.6 at
the expense of the greater fidelity of the 8000).

Feeding this whole mess will be any combination of inputs from my trumpet
(Barcus Berry mouthpiece pickup into myriad processing gear) or my Crumar
Steiner EVI or Akai EWI, or some DIY synth modules, probably fed through a
Space Station and some EQ for additional strangeness.

My neighbors would quake with fear if they knew.  Back to the lurkers'
murk....

BTW, it's very easy to mod the DFX94 to bring delay control to a pedal (or
even voltage control).  There's also a way to make the modes footswitchable
(I have the circuit worked out, but haven't built it yet).  One of my six
DFX94's has been modded with three extra jacks, one in parallel with the
footswitch, one to bring the delay control out to a pedal, and the third to
interface with the yet-to-be-built mode controller.

Paul Camann