Re: RDS 8000 vs. RDS 7.6 (more questions)

Thank you for replying so fast.
   I just got the 7.6. So I to have them both in front
of me. I have some more questions since the 7.6 I
received is kind of beat up....They sound quite
different! Almost to the point of being bad vs. good.
1.
    a. The 7.6 has a hum that comes from the unit (not
through the amp but actually inside the unit)
    b. The 8000 is quiet.
2.
    a. The 7.6 sends a small but noticeable hiss to
the amp.
    b. The 8000 is quiet.
3.
    a. Some button presses on the 7.6 sends a small
pop or thud to the amp.
    b. I don't think the 8000 does this.
4.
    a. Footswitches that work on the 8000 don't work
the same on the 7.6; ie. One foot press on the 8000
will make it hold, while a foot press on the 7.6 only
holds as long as you are pressing down. (I'm sure this
probably just deals with the polarity of the trigger
or something fancy that I don't understand, a
difference none the less)
5.  a.Then of course, the over all sound, but that
would come from 12-bit vs. 8-bit, I guess I can accept
that.
 Finally: Are your units this different? I was really
hoping for the quality of the 8000. Do you think my
7.6 could be worn out yet still working, or did they
just perfect the idea on the 8000? The guy sold it to
me in "perfect working order" and right now I don't
agree.
Allen
p.s. It doesn't help that I have been using the
Echoplex EDP exclusively now for 3 months and dropping
down to the 8000 or the 7.6 is quite a fall.