Re: Some looping features setup for MTV

At 01:51 PM 10/6/00 -0300, you wrote:
>hm... quite interesting work... and interesting the question how far
>we can replace musical incompetence by technology. Tuning certainly
>is a good start.
>
>But as there is a subject to this list you must expect one question:
>
>Why did you not use LOOPing ?

Time and budget contraints. We had 1 week to order all the hardware and
just a couple of days to set up the Kurzweils. It was a budget stretch to
get the K2000's. We also had to set this up for non-musicians in an
arcade-style environment where people could accidentaly or deliberately
mees up the rig. So we were asked to keep it simple. Other than that our
only spec from MTV was "it has to rock and it can't suck." They were't sure
what they wanted other than the big crunch guitar. Everything else we added
was information overload even though the loop-playback was pretty
intuitive. Re-sampling would've been over the top for this show. Anyway, if
we get another shot at this I'd like to take the time set up looping. Our
existing hardware setup is pretty good at playing and adjusting MIDI loops.
An EDP added to the rig would be totally slick, and would help make the
music-production for non-musicians an entertaining experience. Next time.
-harvey

http://www.starrlabs.com