Re: EDP Question - How Do I?

Hi Michael!

I'll try to help, but I'm not sure I understand what you're try to do.

I think of the EDP as "stacking" sound.  You can start with a foundation
in Loop
1.

    Loop 1:  basic-riff

Now you can stack more on top of that, either via MULTIPLY/NEXT-LOOP, or
overdubbing in some fashion.  Say you do it via MULTIPLY/NEXT-LOOP.  Now
you
have -

    Loop 1: basic riff
    Loop 2: basic riff + overdub 1

and you can continue -

    Loop 1: basic riff
    Loop 2: basic riff + overdub 1
    Loop 3: basic riff + overdub 1 + overdub 2

etc.

How ever you choose to add sound, you can remove only the topmost overdub.
 So
you can "remove" by switching back to a different loop memory or via UNDO.
 In
all cases you can't remove sound underneath the topmost layer with out
removing
the top first.  It's a stack and you have direct access only to the top.

If you want to remove something in the middle or at the beginning of the
stack,
you need multiple EDPs.  At least that's why I got a second one.

Does this help?  Kim has a great analogy with trains going 'round a track.
 So I
suppose what I'm saying is that you can only take cars off the back of the
train.

But WAIT!  This isn't strictly true.  You can remove cycles in a loop.  See
"CHANGING THE NUMBER OF CYCLES IN AN EXISTING LOOP"  on page 4-44 in the
EDP
manual.  And there's the INSERT feature, of course which is like adding
cars in
the middle of the train.

Dennis Leas
dennis@mdbs.com