EDP serial numbers since last problems?

Has there ever been a "serial number since last
problems" research? I would like to know if I have a
potential lemon. (I got my GIBSON EDP in March-April
2000)
  One problem I had was, while creating and playing
playing a loop for about 30 min. it reset itself
(well, it was on but no function). The display showed
a "0". I turned it on and off to no avail. I came back
five minutes later and everything works again. I
assume it just over heated since it was rather warm in
my Florida studio. Any Ideas?
  That is really my only problem so far, I love the
machine but I am keeping my eye out for recalls since
I did pay over 700 bucks for it.