Re: BB interface

At 2:04 AM -0700 9/26/00, Alejandro MartÌnez wrote:
>Here¥s my post again now with a catchy title!, seriously read it if you
>have
>the time, no joke about it:

please stop posting this over and over again. everybody saw it the first
time.

>>my suggestion is this: I think it
>>>will be a
>>>good idea to make the posting through a Bulletin Board type of page
>inside
>>>the Looper¥s Delight web site

thanks for the suggestion, but I have no intention of converting the LD
list to a web bulletin board format. The purpose of LD is to build a
community of people following this looping idea, and over the years I've
found that the mailing list format does an excellent job of that. Bulletin
boards do not work nearly so well in that regard, instead I find them to be
rather random and discourage the formation of community.

If you really prefer a web interface, than just use the list archives!
There are many people who do this, in fact. The archive is automatically
updated throughout the day, and it allows you to view posts by thread,
author, or date, or search for whatever you want. So the archive is
practically a BB and can serve the purposes you are looking for.

kim