RE: Am I a fool ?

Kim,

> nice to add the digital processing into the mix, but all the primary
> looping functions are about controlling existing data, not
> about processing
> it. You have to get that data control/loop function stuff right first.

and part of the stuff a DSP can do is control existing data - look i.e. at
the cyclic adressing scheme most DSPs I know of implement, which allow you
to implement a simple looper on a DSP platform in no time and with minimum
amount of code, including the Echoplex-style copy/append loop stuff, and if
you're a bit tricky even slicing a loop in half and playing the two halves
simultaneously, without mixing them, i.e. with "total recall" as they call
it...

mfg,

        Rainer

Rainer Straschill