Re: Sure is quiet....

Hey! What the hell... Mine's still working REAL good too...

I get the feeling the Repeater will offer a DIFFERENT paradigm than the
EDP anyway, so it's gonna be a case of "If you want to do THIS, get X...
If you want to do THAT, get Y". (or something like that... I'm sure
company loyalty and personal preferences will play into it as well...)

One question... Is that new ROM update for the EDP nearing release anytime
announceable? *-]

Thanks again Kim and gang for great s/w and product. Fingers x'ed on
Gibson's involvement and support...

On the OTHER looping front... Is anyone out there ignoring delays
completely and just using self-oscillating devices such as the Lovetone
Ring Stinger or Des Res? I had a Des Res for a few days (but it had a
fault and went back for surgery...) Even with the fault, I was amazed at
the shifting soundscapes available with this box... can't wait to get it
back! My Waldorf 4-pole filter is another box which will create it's own
unique bed of sound for manipulation playing over.

Best,
-Miko

>>> km15@cornell.edu 08/29/00 03:23PM >>>
      OK, I'll chime in-- I've got one of the new Gibson EDPs and near as
can tell, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it! It worked perfectly
right out of the box, with no problems, glitches, snaps, crackles or pops.
A friend of mine from San Jose picked up the  4MB chips at a place called
Weird Stuff - he said the salesman had a big jar o' chips that he just
poured out onto the counter, saying "Geez I didn't know people still used
these!" So much for static protection, but they all work and I couldn't be
happier. The EDP is a wonderful piece of engineering and the sound quality
is superb. I love the JamMen and I still use 'em but an  EDP goes way, way
beyond. Matthias, Kim, et.al.- you done good, you done real good- thank
you
one and all!

                     Kevin