Re: Footpedals (was Rampant Elitism)

> There is obviously a need and demand for this type of unit.  Isn't this
>a potentially profitable piece of equipment?

I get the feeling that most people who ergonimically need foot control
(guitarists, bassists, horn players, ???) tend to also want simplicity
(read: non-time-imposing implementation). So first off... most guitarists
od on midi specs and programming minutae and don't really know they NEED a
fully implemented pedal. Which leads the majority of them to less than
fully featured pedals... leading the manufacturers to believe that there's
not a big enough market for a fully implemented pedal. Sales of these
pedals probably bear this out and voila! We get what we as for (as a mass
demographic).

> What exactly would it take to resurrect the PMC-10?

I wish I knew... I've got two PMC-10's and wish there were some ongoing
product development and support for them.

> It does leave you wondering when a major player like Roland discontinues
>their full range foot controller.  Isn't this something everyone will
>need when all men are brothers, oops, all machines are talking thru MIDI?
> (Don't tell me that day will never come) :) Gary

I'm surprised that Roland has done this... They might have offered a
little more information about the deeper features of this cool pedal
though because it seems to do a lot more than product copy would lead you
to believe. Although using hard coded cc numbers for the expression pedals
leaves a lot of products out in the cold... (Waldorf and others using hard
coding for their controller assignments). The ability to just assign even
a single number to a pedal would be a LOT more flexible.

Sigh...
-Miko