RE: Echoplex=crap

Dude, take it easy, man.  I know you must be coming from a lot of
experience
to say that the EDP should be better laid out and more user friendly (which
is what I gather from your desperate e-mails).  I myself have had a lot of
trouble with this box, trying to learn all its intricacies.  But it makes
for an interesting exercise nonetheless.

Maybe you should go on vacation already and go relax somewhere, then come
back to LD with some patience and compassion for all those like me that do
not work for a fancy music magazine nor provide free-of-charge samples for
Eventide.  Not everybody leads your life.  We have other things that
interest us and fill our lives.

As far as I can see, I consider myself lucky to have a box like the EDP,
with all its little cranky little twists; I think it was a good investment.
It sounds good, and it has a lot of mysterious applications that I'll be
working with for years to come.  It could be better laid out, or its
functions better presented; however, as Kim continues to insist, if they
had
put a knob for every function, it would be an overwhelming box nobody would
have time to deal with or could afford.

I think they've done a good job, considering all the factors involved, in
designing the EDP.  Yes, there is room for improvement, but the last thing
we want to see at LD is negativity and draggy attitudes.  The tool of
choice
here would be some positive feedback and suggestions.

I hope you'll feel better next time you post something.

Javier
Berkeley, Calif.