re: Korg SDD-3300

Tom Ritchford (06:04 PM 08.07.2000) wrote:

 >>I have a theory... I think that the 1600ms babble may of started from a
 >>misnomer in a Korg product brochure which may of said something like "up
 >>to 1600ms of delay time!" which would be true if you set the machine up
 >as
 >>3 serial 500ms delay times (given that we're talking about 5??ms and not
 >>flat "500").
 >>

 >>Tell me I'm wrong Tom! Tell me that there IS a way to get 3 1600ms delay
 >>lines out of this box! :)
 >
 >sigh, sob, I was probably referring to the same reviews as you were:
 >
 ><http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Korg/SDD_3300-01.html>

:) Yeah, that and I've talked to numerous folks on other lists about the
box. I think we're closing in on where the wording came from... :(

 >the only other reference on that page says "delays up to 1600ms" which
 >seems
 >consistent with the 5xxms time (perhaps it's 512?  then 1536 == 1600 in
 >advertising mentality?)

Yeup... I think the actual time that the display shows is 530ms (of all
things!), which would give 1590ms. I'm still at work and will be until
late, so I can't check in the near future to be sure.

 >oh, well.

I know... Let's get Kim to start hacking in layers of BBDs for us!

:)

Mark
|_) _  _||\/| _  _ ._          evolutionary electronica