Re: Does anyone have information about the BOSS DE-200

On Fri, 28 Jul 2000, Patrick Rourke wrote:

> I bought an old Boss DE-200 rack mount digital delay from a friend, and I
> use it for echo and other effects for my bass. The unit is pretty easy to
> use, and I particularly enjoy the hold function as it allows me to play a
> (very) short bass riff and then solo over it.

Yeah, it's useful for that sort of thing.  It's about what I use mine for.

> On the back of the unit there are several places to plug in controller
> pedals; the bypass and hold ones are pretty self-explanatory, and very
> useful, but I would like to know about the "RHYTHM SYNC." function. Does
> anyone know what this does? How do I use it? What sort of pedals do I
>need
> to buy? The two places to plug in are labelled "FOOT SW (DP-2)" and
>"TRIG. IN"

The "Rhythm sync" is supposedly so you can plug some sort of drum machine
pulse into it, from what I understand; I've never bothered to use that
feature.

For the pedals, any standard 'on/off' switch will do just fine, one for
bypass and one for sample/hold.

> Any help at all would be greatly appreciated; the guy I bought this thing
> from didn't have the manual and doesn't know anything at all about it.

Boss doesn't seem to know much about it; I went through hell trying to get
a power cable for mine, and ended up taking it to a thrift store and
spending a couple hours digging through masses of cable before discovering
some that work.  I thankfully now have two.

93/156
==
the Reverend Rob   ICQ: 1280871
http://www.realm-of-shade.com .`. .`. .`. .`. http://www.reverendrob.com