Re: a place for Echoplex repair?

At 7:18 AM -0700 6/13/00, Eric Leonardson wrote:
>with
>my Echoplex Digital Pro and it looks like a problem that needs
>professional attention. Can anyone on the list recommend a place for
>Echoplex repair in the U.S.?

Gibson has a service person for the echoplex who does a very good job:

Shane Radtke <sradtke@gibson.com>, 1-800-544-2766 x206 or (847) 741-7315
x206

he is the best person to call.

>BTW, before posting this question to the list, I looked for an answer
>in the Loopers' Delight links and FAQ, and also the archives, but
>didn't find the answer.

actually, the info you want is on the main echoplex page, right at the top.
:-)  Maybe I should bury it down deep someplace for people who like to go
digging for things. :-)

http://www.annihilist.com/loop/tools/echoplex/echoplex.html

>I don't have my manual here at this time, and
>realize the answer is probably in there. But, reading the Loopers'
>Delight list made me wonder if Gibson may have sold off their
>production of Oberheim stuff to another company. So I thought I'd go
>ahead and post...

no, Gibson is shipping echoplexes and making more at their Trace-Elliot
division in the UK. They seem to be quite committed to it. The rest of the
Oberheim stuff they stopped because it was losing money.

>Here's some background info on the problem:
>

>Initially, I thought problem was a bad REC button on the foot
>controller. However, pressing REC on the unit itself results in the
>same problem: it records for only a moment, a 0.16, or 0.24 second
>sample. The display flashes a "ooo" before it stops recording. At first
>that was a transitory event, now it's consistent and all the other
>functions are malfunctioning, as well.

you might try resetting the parameters, in case it is a setting you aren't
familiar with. (although it doesn't sound like it to me from your
description.)  Hold param button down at power up, until the boot up is
finished. It could be one of the sync jacks is broken.

kim

http://www.annihilist.com/  |