Re: dependence on equipment

Title: Re: dependence on equipment
I was about to write to LD about my great satisfaction with my edp that has never had problems with anything like overheating.
I wanted to do this later, after having made  my night solo session.
I have switched on my rack and, when I switched on my Edp, my arms falled down: every light, led, and display segment is blinking without any sense, like a christmas tree.
I go back to my first Edp experience, when the same happened before sending it to Oberheim/Gibson for fixing.
I have received it back two months ago, since then everything was working correctly and I was starting to feel free from that sense of unsafeness in using it.
Now... I switched on and off for 5 times, waiting some minutes between each time. Always the same show.
I did reset it: nothing changes.
Do I have to stop thinking to use any looper in my music buildings ?!
What hell do these machines have inside of them ?

Luca

thats sad. I understand you are angry...
Any machine can fail. The problem is that we sometimes depend totally on one without having a replacement close.
If you amp fails at the show, you quickly find another solution.
So far there are not enough Echoplexes arround to be able to borrow one from the neighbour.
Some musicians travel with a replacement unit of some essencial equipment.

I know it would be great just to rely. The rest of us is lucky that it never failed on us... sorry.

I hope Shane Radtke <shane.radtke@gibson.com> manages to fix it this time. Maybe it was some kind of bad contact that stopped to fail when it was with him last time...

         ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org