Re: EDP SamplerStyle with LoopIII

I think I understand better but perhaps not perfectly.  Even more details,
including a step-by-step description of what you are trying to do, will
help.
In the meantime, I hope this information helps.  I am away from my
EDP/etc. so I
can't try it.  You'll have to experiment some.

I think you want to capture (record) sound into the EDP but not loop the
recording immediately.  Instead, you want to trigger it from your
sequencer.  I
have never tried this myself, but it should work.

First, try ending the recording with MUTE instead of a second press of
RECORD.
As the manual says on page 4-64:
"Ending a recording with Mute is exactly like ending it with Record,
except that the audible sound will shut off as soon as you press the
Mute button. Once you’re in Mute mode, you can restart the sound with
the mute button or with the Alternate Endings under the "Mute"
heading in this chapter."

You may need to unmute the loop in order to hear it when triggering it
from your
sequencer.  If this is the case,  you probably DON"T want to end the
recording
with MUTE.  Instead, set-up the EDP with 2 loops (using MoreLoops).  Now,
when
you record, end the recording with RECORD immediately followed by
NEXTLOOP.  The
second loop is empty so you won't hear anything.  You should be able to
trigger
the first loop via MIDI messages.

Good luck!

Dennis Leas