Sustainiac Available...

> There is another way to induce sustain in a guitar and that is by
>physically attaching a transducer to a "sweet spot" on the body.  The
>signal out from the guitar is split: one to your regular FX/amp, the
>other to a volume pedal and amp that feeds the transducer.  A fellow on
>the Chapman Stick list by the name of "Stick Dragon", aka Arthur Durkee,
>developed this system for his Stick.  He calls it the "Infinite Sustain
>Feedback System".  Unfortunately, the company that made the transducer no
>longer sells them and I have not found any available alternatives.  One
>downside of this method is that over use causes the transducer to get
>very warm. -Allan

This is the method used by the Sustainic Model B acoustic sustainer
invented and manufactured by Maniac Music / Allan Hoover... it's still
available and documented at their website.

Below is a new reply from Alan about his sustainer products...

Best, -Miko
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, Miko-

Actually, I stopped listening in on the Loopers.  Sustainiac takes up more
and more of my time, and it was taking up too much time to go through the
many posts.  I did have the pleasure of meeting and talking with Kim Flint
at the LA NAMM show in early Feb.  Thanks for your plug, by the way.

The Stealth Plus is finally shipping.  It is for guitars having a
single-coil neck pickup, such as your Strat.  The driver functions as a
neck pickup when the sustainer is off.  (Like our old Sustainiac GA-2.)
Since you haven't installed yet, you might want to consider trading your
Stealth in on a Plus.  Let me know.

Also, I don't know if you've visited the website recently.  It was updated
a while back, with a lot of new info.  http://www.sustainiac.com

You can post my message to the Loopers if you like. Let me know how your
installation comes out.

Regards,
Alan

PS:  If you post my message to Loopers, you might also mention that I will
be at NAMM in Nashville, booth #2156.  I welcome all visitors.