Re: acoustic ebow experiences?

I've been playing an Oscar Schmidt ('90) acoustic steel six-string with an
EBow since I got the EBow, and still love it, though the tips of my fingers
could tell a different story. :)

For some reason, this guitar has acoustic sweet spots all over the place
for
such use - and many others don't for reasons I and others have never
figured
out.  Tried out the EBow on all my friends' acoustic and acoustic/electric
guitars, and the only ones that were able to produce a decent sound with it
were mine, and an Ovation (one of those expensive ones).  So I feel kinda
fortunate in that regard.  It really IS made for electric play, and someone
on this list put forth comments indicating that EBow's makers are now
discussing acoustic use too.  This would be relatively recent or in the
last
several years.

Combine a guitar that likes the EBow, and a space with lots of natural
reverb, like the Tunnels up in San Gabriel Canyon, or for that matter the
King's Chamber in one of the pyramids, and I'm happier than a clam.

The only down sides are that, the moment percussion of medium-to-high
volume
occurs, the sound gets washed out to an extent; and, the next morning,
after
playing for several hours, one might have to re-sand their calluses. :)

Stephen Goodman       * The free Loop of the Week!
EarthLight Productions * http://www.earthlight.net/Studios